- M.Sc. Foods and Nutrition
- P.G. Diploma in Nutrition and Dietetics
Having more than 22 years of experience in
- Nutritional care of Patients, assessment of nutritional status of patients.
- Adapting normal, modified, and therapeutic diet schedules as well as therapeutic feeds for critically ill patients to suit individual needs.
- Ensuring provision of prescribed diets to patients.
- Diet counselling of admitted patients.
AWARDS & ACHIEVEMENTS
- Internship training of postgraduate students of Food and Nutrition of Home Science Colleges.
- Short term attachment of Postgraduates in Food and Nutrition with the department
- Project on dietary habits and nutritional status of mentally retarded and normal school going children.
- M.Sc. dissertation on ‘A comparative study of the functioning of Dietetics Department of selected Government and Private Hospitals.’
Organizational CME Programmes
- Member of the organizing team for CME on ‘Diabetes- A Growing Challenge’ held at College Auditorium, Govt. Medical College, Chandigarh, September 16, 2007.
- Member of the organizing team for CME on ‘Dietary Interventions in Surgery’ held at College Auditorium, Govt. Medical College, Chandigarh, November 19, 2005.
- Member of the organizing team for CME on ‘Women’s Health and Nutrition’ held at Bhargava Auditorium, PGIMER, Chandigarh, September 7, 2003.
- Member of the organizing team for CME on ‘Surgical Nutrition’ held at Bhargava Auditorium, PGIMER, Chandigarh, September 1, 2002.
- Member of the organizing team for CME on ‘Pediatric Nutrition’ held at Tagore Theatre, Chandigarh, September 23, 2001.
- Nutrition Week (September 1-7, 2004)
- Group therapy session for Diabetic patients with guest lectures and display of recipes and posters for the diabetic, Govt. Medical College Hospital, Chandigarh.
- Poster competition on ‘Healthy Life Despite Diabetes’ among students and interns of Home Science College and Medical College in and around Chandigarh, Govt. Medical College, Chandigarh.
CME and Conferences Attended
- Participated in CME on Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition under the Auspices of ISPEN, Chandigarh Chapter held at PGIMER, Chandigarh, March 2008, Chandigarh.
- Attended the demonstration ‘Novel Healthy Cuisine’ organized by Indian Dietetics Association, Chandigarh chapter held at Dr. Ambedkar’s Institute of Hotel Management, Chandigarh, April 2007.
- Participated in the symposium on ‘Infant Feeding’ held at Govt. Medical College, Chandigarh, April 2006.
- Completed training on HIV/AIDS Prevention & Control organized by Department of Community Medicine at Govt. Medical College, Chandigarh, March 2004.
- Presented a research paper entitled ‘Body Mass Index and Dietary Habits of Children with Mental Retardation’ at 31st Annual National Conference of Indian Association of Preventive and Social Medicine held at PGIMER, Chandigarh, February 2004.
- Paper entitled ‘Dietary Habits and Nutritional Status in Mentally Retarded Children and Adolescents: A study from North Western India’ has been accepted for publication in the Journal of Indian Association of Child and Adolescent mental health.
- Indian Dietetic Association, Life Member
- Indian Association of Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition, Life Member